We will be attending iceBike this week where we will be launching the Cytech Retail Skills Programme which has been specially developed for the outdoor and performance pursuits market where customers are more discerning than most and retail staff need to deliver top class customer service in order close a sale.
Cytech Retail Skills programme will also help staff develop the skills necessary to ensure that their shop is efficient, customer-focused and profitable.
All training is delivered at the place of work of the person who is learning the enhanced skills and delivered by our talented and experienced Cytech Training Officers. This is in order for the training to be specific to your business and take account of the daily working environment that is relevant to your company.
Cytech Retail Skills
A Retail Apprenticeship is the ideal qualification for all employees over the age of 16 working within a retail environment role such as sales advisors, customer service advisors, product experts and any similar roles.
This Level 2 Diploma in Retail Skills equips learners with the fundamental skills to operate efficiently in a retail environment, working effectively as part of a focused retail team. The units making up the Retail Apprenticeship programme include:
• Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
• Help customers choose products in a retail environment
• Provide information and advice to customers in a retail environment
• Work effectively in your retail team
• Understanding customer service in the retail sector
• Understanding the retail selling process
• Understanding how individuals and teams contribute to the effectiveness of a retail business
• Understanding how a retail business maintains health and safety on its premises
• Understanding security and loss prevention in a retail business
• Understanding the handling of customer payments in a retail business
The Apprenticeship is supported by Government funding and will provide recognised skills in the retail environment. An employer contribution is required; however we work with employers to secure the maximum amount of funding available. Our friendly team is ready to answer any questions and help get a course started which will lay firm foundations for a future in retail.